TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Police say a neighbor found a seven-year-old wandering the streets in midtown Tulsa Saturday.
- They say they took the child home and found two other children there.
- They say there was no electricity, heat, food or parents in the home.
Tulsa police say they have launched a full investigation after a neighbor found a seven-year-old wandering the streets with only socks and a t-shirt near Fifth and Yale late Saturday night.
Neighbors say they flagged down an officer after they found the child walking in the area around 10:30 p.m. Saturday.
Tulsa police say they took the child to his home and learned there were two other children inside, an 11-year-old and a 13-year-old autistic boy.
Police say there was no electricity, no heat and no edible food in the home.
Reports show the food that was there was spoiled, and police say there was trash everywhere.
Officers called the mother, who they say came home in a Halloween costume.
The kids were taken into state custody.
So far, no arrests have been made, and police say they want to build a strong case before they send it to the district attorney’s office.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Midtown woman scares intruder from her home
- FOX23 Investigation: Athletes addicted to opioids
- Tulsa's 'Panhandling Teacher' hands out hundreds of dollars to Oklahoma educators
- Police: Suspect on the run after crashing into Tulsa gun shop, stealing knives
© 2019 Cox Media Group.