Tulsa, OK - Quick Facts:
- Tulsa maintenance base workers found seven bricks of cocaine
- They found the cocain on an American Airlines plane
- The plane came from Columbia with a stop in Miami
After a routine maintenance check, seven bricks of what is believed to be cocaine were discovered on an American Airlines plane at their maintenance base in north Tulsa.
American Airlines said once the drugs were discovered Sunday evening, authorities were immediately contacted.
The Boeing 757 came from Bogota, Columbia, and also had a stop in Miami.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Cocaine found on AA plane at TIA
- Deadly wreck closes I-44 exit ramp
- Suspect car hits Sallisaw officer in narcotics bust
- The Latest: German government condemns Quebec mosque attack
- Florida woman jailed again to protect unborn baby from heroin
A maintenance worker found the packages near an electronics bay near the nose gear.
The worker called the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office who came out to investigate.
The sheriff's office said the total weight was 12 kilograms, with 2 kilograms of packing material.
The drugs found inside are believed to be cocaine and will be sent to OSBI for testing.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.