OWASSO, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- A jury found Brandon Nordstedt guilty of child abuse murder in September
- He killed Emmerson O'Rourke in 2015
- His formal sentencing hearing was scheduled for 9 a.m. Monday
- The hearing was pushed to Nov. 28
- Nordstedt's attorney requested a pre-sentencing investigation
The family of an Owasso baby killed in 2015 will have to wait until November for sentencing.
A jury found Brandon Nordstedt guilty of child abuse murder in September. He was accused of killing Emmerson O'Rourke just before her first birthday.
Nordstedt's case went on the schedule Monday for sentencing but was postponed. His attorney requested a pre-sentencing investigation.
The report will examine Nordstedt's criminal history, life history and details of the case. Those findings could impact his sentencing.
The jury recommended life without parole.
UPDATE: Nordstedt is sentenced to life without parole and plans to appeal the decision
- Sentencing scheduled in death of Owasso baby
- Kim Kardashian robbed at gunpoint: What we know
- Driver admits to east Tulsa shooting, says he was robbed
- Flu shots now available through Tulsa Health Department
- Hurricane Matthew: The impacts on Green Country gas prices
© 2018 Cox Media Group.