TULSA, Okla. — QUICK FACTS:
- Judge vacated Willard O'Neal's sentence Thursday morning
- In 2001, O'Neal was convicted of the death of a one man and attempted murder of another man.
- The Oklahoma Innocence Project filed a post-conviction relief on his behalf in 2015 saying evidence was suppressed in his case.
- The state agreed to vacate his sentence. O'Neal entered a no contest plea to murder II and shooting with intent to kill and recieved credit for time served.
- After 19 years he will be a free man.
FOX23 was there when O'Neal was released to his family:
© 2020 Cox Media Group