TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- Judge vacated Willard O'Neal's sentence Thursday morning
- In 2001, O'Neal was convicted of the death of a one man and attempted murder of another man.
- The Oklahoma Innocence Project filed a post-conviction relief on his behalf in 2015 saying evidence was suppressed in his case.
- The state agreed to vacate his sentence. O'Neal entered a no contest plea to murder II and shooting with intent to kill and recieved credit for time served.
- After 19 years he will be a free man.
FOX23 was there when O'Neal was released to his family:
- Entrepreneur T. Boone Pickens dead at 91
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Daytime naps could help you avoid heart attacks, strokes, study says
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Children of firefighters killed during 9/11 attacks will soon graduate from FDNY academy
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.