TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- The search for mass graves from Tulsa's 1921 Race Massacre is underway.
- Mayor G.T. Bynum says the City of Tulsa owes it to the victims to find out what happened in 1921.
- The city says it will lead efforts that focus on three areas in Tulsa.
- Pastor Robert Turner at Vernon A.M.E. Church says the victims deserve justice and the "truth" of what happened.
- The city has not set a timetable to start digging.
- WATCH FOX23's Shae Rozzi's full story in the VIDEO above.
- For more on Black History Month in Tulsa visit the FOX23 Black History Month page HERE.
- Patriots set Super Bowl records with 6th title
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Deputies seize $30K worth of marijuana, gun arsenal from grandmother's house
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- 4-year-old accidentally shoots mom in face with unsecured gun
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2020 Cox Media Group