- Some of the coldest air of the season is here
- Rain and snow chances have moved out, but the cold air is still a concern
- Sunday morning will be the coldest of the week.
Many of us woke up on Saturday to a dusting of snow on the ground after a quick round of blowing snow moved through. Highest regional snow totals were just over the state line in Arkansas near Fort Smith.
Wind chills were the main concern on Saturday and are still a concern for Sunday morning. At times, it will feel like the single digits. Temperatures are expected to rise quickly through Sunday morning, so the hazard won't last all day. You'll want to bundle up before going to church on Sunday, it is key to wear the proper layers when headed out into the cold air.
Before you head out the door, make sure you're checking the conditions in your neighborhood. Download the FOX23 Weather App, so you can have the forecast with you at all times.
Even though this round of winter weather has passed, it's never to late to be prepared for the next round. Here's how you can be ready for winter weather:
- Making a winter-go bag for your house and car
- Knowing the difference between freezing rain and snow
- What type of warnings are issued
- How to keep your phone charged if you lose power
© 2019 Cox Media Group.