TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Fall is here, and the leaves are changing. There are some beautiful spots around Green Country to see the foliage yourself.
- FOX23 Meteorologist Brad Carl learned from experts that there are three chemicals involved in the color change leaves experience: carotenoids, anthocyanin and green chlorophyll.
- Carotenoid produces yellow and orange shades, while anthocyanin produces red shades.
- Deciduous leaves produce red, orange and yellow shades year-round.
- Green chlorophyll masks the colors until fall.
- Foliage in Green Country is expected to be at its peak in the next 1-2 weeks.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.