- FLASH FLOOD WATCH for Adair, Cherokee, Craig, Creek, Delaware, Haskell, Latimer, Mayes, McIntosh, Muskogee, Nowata, Okfuskee, Okmulgee, Osage, Pawnee, Pittsburg, Rogers, Tulsa, Wagoner and Washington counties until Thursday at 7 a.m.
- Storms are possible on Wednesday.
- Heavy rain will be the main concern with Wednesday's storms
- Flooding will remain a concern with more rainfall happening.
What you need to know:
More storm chances arrive on Wednesday with heavy rain being one of the biggest concerns. Some of these storms could be severe with damaging winds and large hail.
The area with the highest chance of heavy rain is southern portions of Green Country, but all of us could see rain and storms today. Flooding will remain a big concern with already soaked grounds and the lakes/rivers already full.
Stay with the FOX23 Severe Weather Team as we track all the storm chances on-air, online, and on the FOX23 Weather App.
- If you've lucked out and now had to take shelter over the last week and a half, it is a great time to REVIEW your severe weather plan. Make sure everyone in the family knows what to do when watches and warnings are issued. For those that have been taking shelter and know their plan, never hurts to test it out and see how quickly you and your family can take shelter.
- Do you know the difference between a watch and a warning? Even if you do, it doesn't hurt to review it before the next round of storms arrive: Watch vs Warning
- Know what county you live/work in along with the surrounding counties. Here is a map with the FOX23 Viewing Area that you can download and highlight your county for stormy days.
- Check out the FOX23 Severe Weather Tip Sheet.
More storm chances ahead
By Wednesday, the threat for severe weather shifts from northern portions of Green Country into southern areas with heavy rain, hail and wind as the main concerns.
The storms will likely track through central and southern portions of Green Country where all the water is flowing into from northern portions of the area. Should the heavy rain shift more to the north, central portions of Green Country along the Arkansas River basin will have a concern for more flooding.
IT should dry out for Thursday and Friday before rain chances arrive for the weekend and into next week.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.