SAND SPRINGS, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- A teacher in Sand Springs won an Aerospace and Aviation Education Program Grant from the Oklahoma Aeronautic Commission.
- Sand Springs Public Schools Science Department Head Sherri McKibbin started the class last year.
- It's one of only a handful of high school classes in Oklahoma that is Aircraft Owners and Pilot Association certified.
- McKibbin will use the $2,000 grant to purchase drones and accessories.
- It will give the students hands-on experience with drones that could lead to a future career.
- Drones can be used in a number of careers including police work, real estate and insurance.
© 2020 Cox Media Group