SAND SPRINGS, Okla. - Officials with Sand Springs Public Schools said crews are investigating a gas leak at Charles Page High School.
The leak was found in September when someone reported a gas smell. An Oklahoma Natural Gas crew found evidence of a leak and turned off gas to the building.
Cooler temperatures forecasted for October 11 prompted a warning from school officials to parents and students:
The Sand Springs Public Schools Board of Education voted to authorize up to $250,000 for repairs related to the leak.
District officials said only one gas line goes into the school and food service was the only area affected. Alternate food arrangements were provided to students.
Crews restored gas to the kitchen area but a construction project is ongoing to repair gas to the entire building.
- Oregon death is 2nd linked to vaping, 1st tied to pot shop
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Group seeking to overturn Oklahoma gun law falls short
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Florida man buys more than 100 generators to donate to the Bahamas
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.