SAND SPRINGS, Okla. - Deputies arrested a Sand Springs man after he alleged shot at a woman who was backing out of his driveway.
Officials at the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office said Larry Schwahn faces a charge of assault with a deadly weapon after firing his shotgun at a woman’s car. Deputies said the woman had accidentally driven into Schwahn's driveway on Sunday.
Schwahn said he fired a “warning shot,” which hit the car, according to arrest reports. He said he had recently been the victim of a burglary and had heard his dogs barking.
The woman never got out of her car and had been backing out of the driveway when Schwahn fired the shot, deputies said. They said Schwahn was not in any danger.
Deputies said the woman was not hurt. She drove to a friend’s house and called police.
- Father dining with children fatally shoots masked man who opened fire inside McDonald's
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Muslims raise $77,000 and counting for victims of Pittsburgh synagogue shooting
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Texas man arrested after searching dark web for girl to ‘murder and eat'
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.