BIXBY, Okla. - The Salvation Army is kicking off its Red Kettle campaign Friday.
Over 100 red kettles will be on display around Green Country during the holiday season as they work to collect money for several causes -- but this year will be different for them.
Kettles will now be equipped with an option to pay by Apple Pay or Google pay.
A shorter shopping season in 2019 means less time for them to raise money for the holidays as fewer shoppers will pass them by. The new payment method will make it easier for those who aren't carrying cash around on them anymore.
The Salvation Army is looking to bring in $659,000 this year.
- School surprises mom of fallen soldier with much-needed new car
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
- 1 dead, several injured in chemical incident at Buffalo Wild Wings in Massachusetts
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Woman, employee throw trays at each other during fight at Popeyes, video shows
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
© 2019 Cox Media Group.