TULSA, Okla. - NBA superstar Russell Westbrook is bringing his comedy show to Tulsa on Thursday.
The LayUps2StandUp "Why Not??" pop-up comedy show is coming to Cain's Ballroom for the first time and bringing the former MVP and several comedians with it.
Westbrook puts on the show with comedian and his former high school teammate Demetrius "Juice" Deason.
They have put on four previous shows in Oklahoma City and have another scheduled for October.
Deason will serve as the master of ceremonies and do a comedy set of his own along with five other comedians.
The show benefits NFL wide receiver Tyler Lockett's "The Light It Up Foundation."
Westbrook is holding his two-day basketball camp at Bishop Kelley on Thursday and Friday.
- Emmy Award winner Rip Torn dead at age 88
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Jaden Smith feeds homeless with pop-up food truck offering free vegan meals
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Senate bill would block men’s World Cup soccer funds until women’s team gets equal pay
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.