TULSA, Okla. — Oklahoma City Thunder star and reigning NBA MVP Russell Westbrook shared his thoughts on education funding and teacher pay in Oklahoma.
The team posted a video of Westbrook to its Facebook page on Saturday. He was asked about the teacher walkout while in Houston ahead of a game against the rockets.
“Education is very, very important to me,” Westbrook said in part. “I believe education is a key to a lot of different things going on in society.”
His "Russell Westbrook Why Not? Foundation" has a mission "to inspire the lives of children, empower them to ask "Why Not?" and teach them to never give up," according to the organization.
Westbrook's foundation has been involved in Oklahoma City Public Schools, the Make-A-Wish Foundation and more.
- Oklahoma teachers prepare for week 2 of walkout: Live Updates
- Food allergies may be linked to baby wipes, study says
- Dog dies during grooming at NJ PetSmart; pet's owner wants answers
- SC lawmakers propose secession debate
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories delivered to your inbox
Cox Media Group