TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- A Rogers County woman is facing child neglect and child abandonment charges from Greenwood County Kansas after being arrested Monday.
- Investigators say on November 29th, a 17 year old male who has autism and can't speak for himself was found at a Kansas rest stop without any identification. A woman living in Kansas noticed the young man from her time living in Rogers County, Oklahoma.
- Officials identified the abandoned teen's grandmother as 68-year-old Janie Gill. Deputies said Gill went to Kansas to pick up her husband from jail and admitted to dropping her grandson off "because she knew that someone would find him and give him the services and care that he needed.”
- Gill's grandson is currently in the state of Kansas' custody doing well and getting the help he needs.
- Earthquake, aftershock rattle Southeast overnight
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Man shoots, kills dog, buries it after it relieves itself in his yard, police say
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Stormy Daniels ordered to pay Trump $293,000 in legal fees over defamation suit
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.