CLAREMORE, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- The Rogers County Courthouse closed at noon Monday due to bed bugs.
- Officials confirmed the building does have a case of bed bugs and they are working to take care of the problem with a pest control company.
- Officials ask anyone who may have been exposed to take appropriate action.
- Deputies told FOX23 the bugs came in on a lawyer and were discovered on the third floor. An employee noticed a bug crawling on him and then more were found swarming inside his jacket.
- The courthouse's contracted exterminating company was called to chemical spray and dust to get rid of any more bugs that may have been in the building.
- Officials say there was no "infestation" but the courthouse was closed as a precaution.
- The courthouse reopened Tuesday at 8 a.m.
- Patriots set Super Bowl records with 6th title
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Deputies seize $30K worth of marijuana, gun arsenal from grandmother's house
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- 4-year-old accidentally shoots mom in face with unsecured gun
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.