TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Four motorcyclists said they were nearly run off the road by an SUV near 51st and Memorial
- One of the couples said the driver ran them off near 51st and Yale; the other couple claims the driver physically attacked them
- They claim officers declined to arrest the driver over tension in the force
- An internal affairs investigation was launched
Tulsa police opened investigation after two couples say a road rage attack ended with only a citation.
Traavis and Cassey Leurssen, along with Kim McBroom and her husband, were riding motorcycles on 51st near Memorial when they claim another driver began following them aggressively.
They claim for miles, she tried to run them off the road until the Leurssens were run off near 51st and Yale.
The McBrooms stopped near I-44 and Yale at a traffic light. There, they claim the driver got otu and attacked Kim.
Officers on scene gave the driver a citation. When they asked why the woman was not arrested, they claim TPD officers said they "don't understand what the force is dealing with."
Commanders told FOX23 they don't know why the responding officers declined to arrest the woman.
An internal affairs investigation was launched into the matter.
FOX23 will update this story as the investigation concludes.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Update: Man identified in iconic photo from Las Vegas shooting as U.S. soldier
- Family of teen accused of deadly south Tulsa crime spree struggles to come to terms with accusations
- Persons of interest in custody in Highway 169 homicide investigation
- 4-year-old autistic boy bound with belts, set on fire by mother, police say
© 2018 Cox Media Group.