BROKEN ARROW, Okla. - A new portion of a road project is set to being Monday in Broken Arrow.
City officials said the intersection of Detroit and Main will close for about two weeks.
Drivers will be detoured around the area during the project. Use Ash to get around the area.
FOX23 learned that the city also plans to later add bike lanes to South Main Street. Workers will turn part of the road and sidewalk there into bike lanes as part of a 2014 General Obligation Bond and a grant from the Oklahoma Department of Transportation.
Signs will also be added to streets that alert drivers to cyclists in the area.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Victim jumps on hood of suspect car, stopping burglary
- Road construction project begins in Broken Arrow
- The Latest: PM responds to complaints about mosque response
- The latest news that matters to you- right in your timeline
- Beyonce's dad confirms birth, ‘Happy Birthday to the twins!, love Granddad'
© 2018 Cox Media Group.