TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- River Spirit Casino Resort and Muscogee (Creek) officials announced the casino resort will reopen June 21st at 8 a.m.
- The hotel and casino reopened Friday but features outside such as the indoor/outdoor restaurant and bar will remain closed until July.
- The casino and resort closed after historic flooding along the Arkansas River in May
- Related Story: Tulsa's River Spirit Casino estimated to remain closed throughout June
River Spirit Casino Resort reopened Friday morning after devastating flooding forced their doors to close in May.
Floodwaters from the Arkansas River surrounded the trails along Riverside Drive and flooded the pool deck of the resort.
The hotel and casino will reopen but features outside where the flooding took place such as the pool, indoor/outdoor restaurant and bar will remain closed until mid-July.
FOX23 Reporter Alyson Caffrey talked to officials about that timeline for the reopening:
While the resort was closed, officials announced they would continue to pay all River Spirit employees normally. Officials said the resort employs more than 1,600 workers and maintains a bi-weekly payroll of about $2.5 million.
Guests staying at the hotel at the time of the closure were relocated and future guests with reservations were rescheduled.
- Teen's jaw shattered by exploding vape pen
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Study: Cellphone use is causing ‘horns' to grow in skulls of young people
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- NYT: Trump approves strikes against Iran, then pulls back
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.