TULSA, Okla. — QUICK FACTS:
- Hominy police respond to the wrong home after a call.
- Residents who live in a Hominy apartment are upset after officers responded to the wrong house.
- A woman and her fiance say officers went to their home and busted through the door without letting them know around 12:30 a.m. on Oct. 7.
- The Hominy police chief says they were responding to two calls from a woman who claimed she was being beaten at the complex and felt the woman was in immediate danger.
- Residents and neighbors say the numbers on the apartment can be difficult to read, but say the situation could have been handled differently.
- The city manager told FOX23 he is aware of the situation and says the city is working with the police department to address the issue.
- The Hominy police chief said they are still investigating the situation.
- The department is working on fixing and repairing the door damage.
- Local experts warn Halloween is busy season for head lice
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Criminals using new technology to target people's bank accounts
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Body of registered sex offender found wrapped in plastic; death ruled homicide
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
Cox Media Group