CANADIAN COUNTY, Okla. — A plane went down in Canadian County Wednesday, according to officials.
The plane crashed near Memorial and Manning north of El Reno around 5 p.m., according to Oklahoma Highway Patrol officials.
They said a crop duster clipped a support wire on a 1,200-foot radio tower while spraying an area field, causing the tower to fall and the plane to crash into an area creek bed.
The pilot, who was reportedly the only person onboard, died. Officials have not identified the pilot.
- 'Roseanne' reboot canceled: 'I'm not a racist,' Barr says in tweet
- Pornography one 'root cause' of school violence, GOP congresswoman says
- Cockroach milk may have more nutrients than regular milk, study finds
- Televangelist seeks donations for $54 million jet
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories delivered to your inbox
Cox Media Group