OSAGE COUNTY, Okla. — Quick facts:
- Osage County officials are investigating a case of animal cruelty after someone shot and killed nearly an entire litter of puppies.
- Just one puppy survived the shooting near Cotton Gin Road just outside Hominy.
- Katherine Owens and Chelsey McEntire say they were on their way to go fishing Sunday when they say they found five other puppies shot and killed.
- The Osage County Sheriff's Office says they've located the suspects responsible, but they cannot release any further information until after the investigation is completed.
- The puppy's new owners are bottle-feeding her and planning to keep her.
- They say it's heartbreaking that the others never had a chance at life.
- They hope the killer will be held accountable.
- Download the FOX23 News app for news updates sent straight to your phone.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Body found after north Tulsa fire
- 3 in custody after woman reportedly drops child off at hospital with massive head injury
- Homes destroyed during Green Country wildfire
- Police investigate strangulation at south Tulsa apartment complex
- Video shows officer knew woman was in car before Okmulgee police chief opened fire
© 2020 Cox Media Group