TULSA, Okla. - The Public Service Company of Oklahoma prepares for severe weather year-round, not just in storm season, according to a spokesperson.
Stan Whiteford with PSO said the company does drills and has crews on standby if storms hit.
Despite the smart meters they use, PSO also relies on customers to report outages because they can get more details about what's going on in their neighborhood, Whiteford said.
PSO customers can call 1-888-218-3919 to report an outage in their area.
- 911 dispatcher placed on leave following teen's suffocation death inside van
- Trump announces strike on Syria with U.S.-led coalition after chemical weapons attack
- ‘Tiger' running amok in Manhattan was actually raccoon, police say
- Huey Lewis and The News cancelling 2018 shows due to hearing loss
- Sign for up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox
© 2019 Cox Media Group.