TULSA, Okla. — QUICK FACTS:
- Thursday marks 6 weeks until the Tulsa State Fair kicks off.
- Preparations are underway at the Expo Square.
- Officials say they spend all year preparing for the fair.
- Tulsa State Fair 2019: What you need to know
- The 2019 fair won't have an official theme, but the tagline will be "11 Days of Awesome".
- The Expo Square has about 40 full time staff members but during fair season, they will scale up to 750.
- There will be a number of new fair food items this year, the first to be announced is a pickledog--it will be like corndog that has a pickle in the batter.
- The Tulsa State Fair runs from September 26th through October 6th.
© 2020 Cox Media Group