TULSA, Okla. — QUICK FACTS:
- A woman was forced to hide in a closet as a homeless man tried breaking into her apartment.
- Police say Larry Teague came to her door at the Renaissance Apartments in Downtown Tulsa asking to use her phone
- She told the man she didn't feel comfortable doing that and closed and locked her door
- The victim told police she heard banging and glass breaking, so she called officers and hid.
- When officers got there, they found Teague on the porch, surrounded by broken glass and broken pots. Police say he used potted plants to break the victim's door.
- A representative with the apartment says Teague never made it inside the apartment, and they are working with the tenant to ensure their safety. The apartment has gated entry and security on site.
© 2020 Cox Media Group