CLAREMORE, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Owasso police attempted to pull over a driver near E 116th St. North around 1:30 Monday morning
- Police said the driver sped up to over 100 m.p.h. and fired shots at the officer during the pursuit
- The chase went into Claremore and Claremore police as well as Rogers County deputies joined
- The car eventually got stuck on railroad track and the man ran into the woods
- They used police dogs and the Tulsa Police Department helicopter to find him
- He was arrested around 2:30 a.m.
Owasso police said an officer tried to pull over a driver for reckless driving around 11600 N. Garnett Road around 1:30 Monday morning. Instead of pulling over the driver sped up to get away from the officer.
Owasso officials said the driver, later identified as Kyle Linscomb, fired shots at police while leading them on a chase. The chase carried into Claremore where police and Rogers County Deputies joined in before Linscomb's car got stuck on some railroad tracks.
Police said the driver ran on foot, but they used police dogs and the Tulsa police helicopter to find him. Police said he was arrested in a Walgreens parking lot wearing only his underwear.
Claremore police, Oklahoma Highway Patrol and Rogers County deputies recovered a gun Linscomb told them he threw when he ran, some of his clothes were also recovered.
Trending on FOX23.com
- Police chase begins in Owasso, ends in Claremore
- Tulsa legend Leon Russell passes away
- FOX23 Investigation: Handling conflicts in schools
- Cooler temps ahead in Green Country
- Former Tulsa officer to be sentenced on reckless conduct with firearm
- Tulsa patrol officer involved in hit and run
Cox Media Group