TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Tulsa Police arrested Joshua David on warrants but also discovered a backpack with an improvised explosive device inside.
- It happened on Friday just after 7:30 p.m. at the 9100 block of East Admiral Place.
- Police say they located a stolen truck and three suspects walking near the truck.
- TPD arrested Joshua David on felony warrants for auto theft.
- Police used a helicopter and multiple units to uncover more stolen vehicles in the area.
- Police found a stolen Ford truck in the area with the backpack inside
- An explosives expert from TPD Bomb Squad responded, dismantled the device and confirmed that it was functional.
- The explosives expert also found that the device had a LEGO police officer toy taped to it.
- In addition to warrants, police arrested David on complaints of possession of an improvised explosive device.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2020 Cox Media Group