BROKEN ARROW, Okla. -
- A shooting killed a man at the Walmart Neighborhood Market near Albany and 177th
- Police believe the incident was a drug deal
- A suspect was arrested and charged with first-degree murder
A man died in what police believe was a drug deal in Broken Arrow.
Officers responded Wednesday morning to the Walmart Neighborhood Market near Albany and 177th to find a man critically injured.
The store briefly evacuated during a search. The shooting happened at the entrance to the parking lot, Walmart officials said it was not near the entrance to the store.
Later, a suspect identified as Caleb Lee, 25, was found in a nearby apartment complex. Police say Lee and the victim, 27-year-old Dylan Todd Parker, met in a possible exchange of narcotics. An argument followed, and Lee allegedly fired.
Parker died of his injuries. Lee faces first degree murder charges in Broken Arrows first homicide of 2017.
FOX23 got this statement from Walmart:
"We value the safety and security of everyone who visits our stores. We'll continue working closely with Broken Arrow police through the course of their investigation and must refer all other questions to them."
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Police investigate ATM vandalism in Owasso
- ‘Come to Ohio,' Gov. John Kasich invited ‘Dreamers' during interview
- One arrested in deadly Tulsa homeless attacks
- Utah hospital tells police to stay away from its nurses, after stunning arrest
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2019 Cox Media Group.