TULSA, Okla. - Muskogee police arrested Rebecca Isham, an employee of the Oak Tree Academy daycare, because security camera footage allegedly shows her slamming a child down and then placing a blanket over the child’s head.
MPD spokesperson Officer Jeramie Garcia said the child was under the age of 10.
Garcia said Isham was arrested on a single count of felony child abuse and neglect, and police are currently analyzing the video to get it to the Muskogee County District Attorney’s Office.
The owner of the day care said Isham was fired immediately after the incident was discovered.
The owner, who did not want to appear on camera, told FOX23 that “all it takes is for you to violate DHS rules once and you’re out of here. We do not tolerate that kind of behavior.”
The incident is under investigation.
- Dog dies nearly instantly after swim at Georgia lake
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- 'In God We Trust': Louisiana public schools required to display U.S. motto
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Oklahoma group seeks vote to reject 'permitless carry' law
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.