- TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts: -
- Tulsa police say they arrested Martrell Thames in connection with a baby suffering injuries 'not survivable' to the head and torso on Friday.
- Police were called out to Deerfield Estates Apartments at 8812 S. Delaware Ave. to assist EMSA with a 2-month-old in cardiac arrest.
- Police say the mother left the baby with Thames, the father, while she went to the store.
- TPD says that when she returned home, EMSA was trying to resuscitate the baby.
- According to police, Thames said he lay the baby down for a few minutes then found her unresponsive.
- Police say that tests at the hospital showed the baby suffered severe closed head injuries as well as injuries to the torso.
- Police arrested Thames on complaint of child abuse by injury.
- Police say that hospital staff are calling the injuries 'not survivable.'
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.