TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- Tulsa police arrested 49 year old Lonnie Pearson Tuesday night.
- Officers say they were called out to the area near 15th and Denver after a witness noticed a man was assaulted
- Officials say Pearson pushed a man out of his wheelchair onto the ground and started to kick him. They say Pearson stopped and came back when the victim tried to get up with his cane. The victim swung back with his cane and that’s when police say Pearson hit the man over the head with a metal traffic pole.
- Officers arrived and were able to talk to both the victim and Pearson. The man in the wheelchair told officers the fight started after an argument when Pearson had made inappropriate sexual remarks to a woman in the area. The victim told Pearson to stop disrespecting women.
- The man in the wheelchair refused medical help, according to police. After a second call at the same location about the victim still bleeding from his head, he recieved help. He later received 15 staples to his head.
- Grumpy Cat, the frowning feline and internet sensation, dead at 7
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- New Hampshire school cafeteria worker fired for giving food to student who couldn't pay
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- WWE wrestler Ashley Massaro dead at 39
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.