BROKEN ARROW, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Debra Morgan was found dead in November.
- Police arrested her ex-husband and his fiancee.
- FOX23 found a note from Morgan that detailed reports of abuse from her ex-husband.
Broken Arrow police say they have two people in custody after a November homicide.
Debra Morgan was found dead November 7, 2016.
Police identified the two suspects as Richard Spaulding, 43, and Sonia Weidenfelder, 34.
Spaulding and Morgan had a child together, and Weidenfelder is Spaulding's fiancee.
They both face first degree murder charges.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- President Trump fires acting Attorney General for refusing to defend immigration order
- Trump replaces acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Tulsa school district responds to video showing attack on special needs student
- Broken Arrow homicide victim pens chilling note month before her death
- Mary Tyler Moore cause of death revealed
FOX23 found documents filed on the day Morgan died that show a court of appeals filed in her favor in a long child custody case just days before.
The ruling found that Spaulding would have to pay Morgan for tens of thousands of dollars in court costs related to the custody case. The child will now go into DHS custody, and then officials will determine if he will live with a family member.
Morgan also reportedly wrote a chilling note just a month before her death.
The post detailed alleged physical, emotional and mental abuse at the hands of Spaulding.
"He was smooth and had me fearing everything he said would come true," Morgan said.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.