TULSA, Okla. - The City of Tulsa is prepping for its second annual 918 Day celebration on September 18.
The city launched 918 Day in 2018 as a part the Resilient Tulsa Strategy -- which calls for "increasing social cohesion by facilitating connections and community-building in all corners of the city."
The theme for the 2019 celebration is "What makes Tulsa, Tulsa?"
To celebrate 918 Day, the Mayor’s Office of Resilience and Equity held a free, citywide scavenger hunt on September 14 and Mayor G.T. Bynum will be taking his 24-hour Tour of Tulsa on 918 Day.
Organizations can register their community events and businesses can register 918 Day deals and discounts on the Resilient Tulsa webpage here.
Several local discounts will be a part of the celebration including the Tulsa Zoo, several local breweries, the BOK Center, and several other restaurants and businesses.
- Movie starring 'The Walking Dead' actor wraps production in Oklahoma
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Alex Trebek undergoes additional chemotherapy
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Tulsa Beer & Wine Festival to be held at Gathering Place
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.