TULSA, Okla. - An area in north Tulsa in desperate need for a grocery store is getting its wish.
The area near Pine and Peoria -- known to some as a "food desert" -- is getting a new grocery store to help ease the economic struggle of those in the area having to travel well out of their way to pick up groceries.
The community will be involved in naming the store and organizers say they plan to use local construction companies when building it.
Organizers are hoping to begin construction in November.
- Animal rescue saves cat injured after firecrackers tied to front paw
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Wasp spray on rise as meth alternative in West Virginia
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Judge rules to overturn 1991 murder conviction in Tulsa
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.