TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- A plane made an emergency landing at Tulsa International Airport Wednesday.
- Someone said they saw smoke in the flight deck.
- The flight originated in Houston.
A plane made an emergency landing in Tulsa Wednesday.
Officials confirmed that smoke was seen in the flight deck of a plane landing in Tulsa Wednesday evening.
Officials said 51 passengers were on the United Airlines flight.
United flight 3747 was coming from Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport and was coming to Tulsa.
The plane was able to land safely at Tulsa International Airport around 7.
According to an airline spokeswoman, the plane was experiencing a mechanical issue, and passengers on the plane who were supposed to head out to Chicago are being reaccomodated on another plane that is inbound.
The plane was headed for TIA, but it was supposed to depart to Chicago O'Hare.
The new flight departure time will be around 10:45.
- States to sue Obama administration over transgender bathroom rights
- Two die after consuming mysterious liquid
- Local tribal leader faces impeachment
- NWS confirms EF-1 tornado in Bristow
- Severe weather threat returning to Green Country
Don’t miss the latest news and weather from FOX23. Click HERE to view our live-streamed newscasts and HERE to download the FOX23 News and Weather apps for alerts straight to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.