TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Philbrook museum will offer a free membership to teachers.
- The offer is open to those who teach Pre-K through 12th grade.
- The benefit may be claimed at either Philbrook location with a school photo ID.
The Philbrook Museum of Art in Tulsa announced Sunday that they will offer a free one-year membership to Oklahoma teachers.
The offer extends to Pre-K through Grade 12 teachers with valid school photo ID.
Philbrook Director Scott Stulen wrote a letter explaining the action as a way to promote education and show respect toward teachers.
“We will continue to educate every generation from preschool to aging adult. Respect and value our teachers, preserve the environment, champion social justice, and be a safe place for unsafe ideas. Use art to connect, spark dialogue, and find shared values.”
Educators can claim the offer at either Philbrook location.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com:
- Leon Russell dies at the age of 74
- Fatal wreck on 169 in Owasso
- Bikers help stranded Bruce Springsteen on Veterans Day
- Rare full moon not seen in nearly 50 years rises Monday
© 2019 Cox Media Group.