TULSA, Okla. - Philbrook announced the selection of their design team for their "Master Plan Site" on Thursday.
Tulsa-based Selser Schaefer Architects and Los Angeles-based multidisciplinary design firm Rios Clementi Hale Studios will be handling the redesign of the museum and garden "for audiences of the future."
"We are thrilled to work with a creative, dynamic, and local firm that understands Philbrook's history as well as the challenges and opportunities of building a museum for the future,” said Scott Stulen, president and director of Philbrook. “The Master Plan process will inform our goals to serve our growing audiences and to make Philbrook the most welcoming, engaging, and inspiring museum in the country. The full team of experts from varied fields that Selser Schaefer has recruited for this project will bring incredible change to our museum, turning Philbrook into even more of an interdisciplinary masterwork than it already is."
Selser Schaefer is known for projects such as Mother Road Market, Boxyard, AHHA Hardesty Arts Center, and more local projects.
Philbrook is bringing in the designers in order to put in place its "Master Site Plan" meant to expand its audience, increase accessibility, and manage its programming activities.
- Teen stabbed to death as 60 teens watch, shoot video, police say
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Here's how you can get paid $1,300 for watching 13 Stephen King films
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Panic in the sky: Delta flight from Atlanta plunges nearly 30,000 feet
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.