OKMULGEE COUNTY, Okla. — Quick facts:
- Troopers with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol say someone is dead after a train accident north of Henryetta.
- They say a white, male pedestrian was seen walking south on the railroad tracks near Conifer Road south of Schulter around noon Saturday, prompting the train to sound its horn for a mile.
- Investigators say the train was unable to stop and hit the man, who they say was 30 years old.
- The man died at the scene.
- Officials say the Burlington Northern train had 98 cars.
- The incident is under investigation.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Bridal retailer Alfred Angelo's corporate office empties amid closure talk
- Suspected thief puts on mask after being caught on camera at Tulsa T-Mobile store
- NOAA forecasters use experimental model to predict Oklahoma tornado hours before formation
- Man arrested after allegedly trying to sell stolen oil well equipment to undercover officer
- Bristow meth bust leads to distribution charges against at least 13 people
Cox Media Group