PAWNEE COUNTY, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Oklahoma Highway Patrol says the Pawnee County undersheriff died in a car crash while on duty.
- Troopers told FOX23 the crash happened on Highway 18 around 6:30 a.m. Thursday.
- Troopers say a car swerved off the road and overcorrected into Undersheriff Monty Johnson's lane and hit his marked car head-on.
- Johnson died and the other driver was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- OHP is investigating the crash. No arrests have been made or charges filed.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group