Panera Bread issued a recall of all cream cheese products from its US bakery cafes over fears of listeria contamination.
The chain said the recall was out of "an abundance of caution" after samples of one product form a single production day showed positive for Listeria monocytogenes bacteria. Exposure to the bacteria can cause fever and diarrhea, with particularly dangerous symptoms for pregnant women and unborn children.
The associated facility stopped production as well.
According to the CDC, around 1,600 become infected with listeria each year, killing about 260.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- 8-year-old blasts teacher for 'lying' about Christopher Columbus in viral journal post
- Man arrested after bullets hit Tulsa home
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
- Clinton, Cabello and Monae provide Grammys political moments
- Breaking alerts straight to your mobile device- FREE DOWNLOAD here
Cox Media Group