TULSA, Okla. - Emma Turner's car was stolen from her home in the Stone Canyon area of Owasso Thursday morning.
Owasso police said several cars had things stolen out of them this past week.
Turner told FOX23 that she left her purse with her keys inside of the car Wednesday night, and when she looked out Thursday, the car was gone. The suspects stole the purse before realizing the keys were in it and went back for the car.
Turner's parents were planning on towing the car to Kansas where Emma will be going to college, the next day.
The family has shared pictures of the missing Honda Civic and say they are hopeful they'll eventually get it back.
Officers told FOX23 that they want to remind people to lock their doors, because it is an easy way to keep burglars from targeting them.
- Police investigating armed robberies at two north Tulsa donut shops
- J.C. Penney to fill void of closed Babies R Us, open 500 children's clothing shops
- 2 Miami Dolphins kneel during national anthem in NFL preseason opener
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Rumor: Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte to be released earlier than usual
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking news alerts sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.