OWASSO, Okla. — Quick facts:
- Nicholas Wang, 27, is accused of lewd or indecent proposals toward a 14-year-old.
- Police say Wang and the teen were both involved in the "furry" community.
- They are seeking information leading to Wang's location.
Owasso police say they are looking for a suspect involved in a lewd or indecent proposal towards a child.
Police say Nicholas Wang, 27, is wanted for a warrant stemming from an incident from July 2017.
Wang is reportedly involved in live-action role play, costume play and the "furry" community.
An affidavit from earlier this year claims that Wang and a 14-year-old engaged in a relationship that at least in-part stemmed from their involvement in meet-ups with "furries," The meet-ups were reportedly centered on people dressing up in animal costumes for various activities.
When detectives made contact with the teen's mother, they said the woman told them she would take her daughter to the meet-ups, but she was unaware of any sort of romantic relationship resulting from the meets. They did say, however, that they believed she was close to Wang.
The girl's parents then reportedly found nude pictures of the 14-year-old that had been sent to Wang, along with live-action role playing pictures, and provided screenshots to police.
In an interview with police, the teen reportedly disclosed that she was in a relationship with Wang, who she said knew her age, for more than a year, but she allegedly claimed there was no physical contact aside from his attempts to hold her hand and kiss her cheek.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Wang in asked to the call the Owasso Police Tip Line at 918-272-COPS (2677).
Those with information can remain completely anonymous.
- New online game is for black women tired of people touching their hair
- Trump slams 'ungrateful fool' LaVar Ball in tweets
- 3-strikes felon sentenced to life in prison is released early, now charged with murder
- Parents upset after Toys R Us cancels orders; company hasn't refunded money
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
Cox Media Group