OWASSO, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- Owasso police say a man kidnaped and assaulted an Lyft driver Saturday around 3:50 p.m.
- According to officials, dispatchers say a female driver called yelling for help, saying she was being kidnaped.
- The woman was able to provide a description of the car and general location- near 76th Street and Main Street before the call ended.
- Officers were able to find a vehicle that fit the description near 71th Street and 129th East Avenue.
- When officers found the woman, she said the suspect committed sexual battery, forced her to keep driving and interfered with her attempts to call 911.
- The suspect is identified as 35-year-old Adam Joseph McKean. He is charged with kidnapping, sexual battery, preventing emergency call and public intoxication.
Lyft officials commented on the incident:
"Safety is fundamental to Lyft. What the driver described is frightening, and the rider’s access to Lyft has been permanently removed. We responded and have been in close contact with the driver since the incident. We stand ready to assist the authorities with their investigation."
Police released body camera video of McKean's arrest on Wednesday.
- Walmart ends car seat trade-in program early
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Man severely injured after holding lit stick of dynamite while on meth, police say
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Sandy Hook Promise releases back-to-school PSA showing school shooting ‘essentials’
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.