OWASSO, Okla. - Owasso police arrested a man who allegedly told officers that diet pills caused him to have inappropriate sexual thoughts.
Officers arrested Brandon Lopez, 29, when he reportedly tried to meet a 16-year-old for sex at an area elementary school near 76th Street North and North 81st Street.
Police said the teen contacted them after Lopez made lewd proposals to the boy on Facebook. Then, officers reportedly used the teen's phone to keep messaging Lopez. They said Lopez wanted to meet the boy for sex at the area elementary school, but he found police there instead.
Officers took Lopez into custody, and they said they found marijuana in his car and photos resembling child pornography on his phone.
An arrest report said that Lopez told police he was taking diet pills at the time, and he reportedly said those pills led to the inappropriate thoughts.
Lopez faces complaints of soliciting lewd acts to a minor, marijuana possession and four complaints for possession of child pornography. His bond was set at more than $100,000.
- 3 children found living in plywood box, parents arrested
- Bus-size asteroid to pass within 70,000 miles of Earth Friday, closer than moon
- Police: Ax-wielding woman climbs school fence, threatens to ‘kill everyone'
- Worm moon 2018: What to know about the full ‘worm' moon
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox
© 2018 Cox Media Group.