OWASSO, Okla. - A local company said they will continue to replace their public trash bins if people keep stealing them.
Employees from Christian Brothers Automotive shop in Owasso said they have been providing a community ice chest filled with free water outside the business along North Garnett for two years.
Last year, they added trash bins on both side of the water cooler, so people have a place to throw away their trash.
Since August 2017, the trash bins have been stolen 10 times. In the last eight weeks alone, the bins have disappeared six times.
After that incident, the Owasso Fire Department donated two new bins to the shop.
Although the owner said he would like to see the bins stay put, he said he will continue to replace them if someone steals them, because he cares about the community where he lives and works.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- 7 inmates dead, 17 injured in South Carolina prison fighting
- Be ready for severe weather- download the FOX23 News app
- Neighbors reach out to help midtown Tulsa woman whose car was vandalized
- Election Board: Filing period closes with 794 candidates running in Oklahoma
- No one seems to think Carrie Underwood's face looks different after her accident
© 2018 Cox Media Group.