OTTAWA CO., OKLA. — QUICK FACTS:
- Ottawa County Sheriff Jeremy Floyd took to Facebook to explain what happened to cause the transport of 111 inmates from the Ottawa Co. Jail on Saturday.
- Sheriff Floyd says that Miami Fire Department quickly put out an electrical fire in the ceiling.
- Because of the fire, crews had to disable the power to the jail.
- For safety reasons, inmates were evacuated and transported to other facilities.
- No injuries were reported.
- Most of the inmates are now at the Tulsa County Jail.
- Dispatch has been relocated to Miami Police Department.
- The Ottawa County Jail will remain closed until further notice.
© 2020 Cox Media Group