TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- An original set piece from the 1983 film "The Outsiders".
- The movie was filmed in Oklahoma.
- A home used in the film is being renovated into a museum. A large park fountain will be displayed in the yard once it is reconstructed.
Pieces of the original fountain used during filming of "The Outsiders" have been found and will be displayed at The Outsiders House in Tulsa.
Museum owner Danny O'Connor told FOX23 that the fountain will be placed in the yard once it is reconstructed.
The news comes as work continues on renovating the inside of the home and building displays for props, costumes, etc.
Stars from the movie, including C. Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, Rob Lowe and more, have returned to Tulsa over the last year to visit the home and participate in fundraising events.
A fundraiser for the museum is set for Circle Cinema on Sept. 23. The 1979 film "The Warriors" will be shown.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Police: Man holding stick shot by officer in Oklahoma City
- The Church Studio, once owned by Leon Russell now on National Register of Historic Places in state
- OU President David Boren announces retirement
- Man says he has no remorse for killing Muskogee woman's dog
- Find more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
Cox Media Group