- Tulsa police responded to an officer-involved shooting near 31st and Garnett.
- Officials confirmed this incident is started with a shooting at 21st and Garnett.
- Two officers and an officer in training heard shots fired in the area of 21st and Garnett.
- The suspect with the gun got into a silver Nissan Sentra, which started a short pursuit with officers. At the time, a female driver got out of the car and tried to run. The male passenger got into the drivers seat. The car's flat tire started to shred as the male driver ran into a dead end, crashing into a house.
- The officer fired several shots when the male suspect held up his gun, according to police.
- Officers say the suspect, Eric Portillo was transfered to the hospital in critical condition. He later died.
- The female driver is detained.
- The officer who fired the shot is on paid leave.
- The house hit has minor damages.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts: — Trending Stories
© 2020 Cox Media Group