• Fire and explosion at north Tulsa business under investigation

    By: Chrishayla Smith



    • Firefighters responded to an electrical explosion near Independence Street and Lewis Place.
    • Officials at Alpha Investing Casting said the fire started when their furnace overheated.
    • Firefighters had to use dry chemicals instead of water to put the fire out.
    • Officials say two people were burned. One is being released and the other is in critical condition.
    • Alpha Investment Casting released this statement the following morning:
      • "At approximately 8:45 p.m. last night, our employees were in the process of retrieving a ladle that had fallen into the furnace. Some metal spewed out and hit our water cooling system, which caused the furnace to overheat and continue to spew. Our employees called the fire department out of an abundance of caution, but we had the fire out before they arrived. One of our employees was transported by ambulance, but was never in critical condition. Due to the quick actions of our employees, the situation was resolved relatively quickly and without critical injuries."
    • This story will be updated as we learn details
    • DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.

    Trending Stories

    Trending Video

    Rare 1943 Lincoln penny could fetch six figures at auction

    Next Up: